Cannot upload images!

Hi there,

I tried to upload images and everytime it's not possible with this reply message:
Unable to upload image(s). This image type: '...' is not supported.
I tried different type of images, like jpg, btm, png, tiff, pdf.

Can anybody tell me why it does not work?

File types with jpg, png, tiff, etc... contain 2D image data. Right now ProfilmOnline only supports 3D surface data. These files are typically in the following format:

• Filmetrics (.fibpc, .fibps)
  • IgorPro (.ibw)
  • SpipAscii (.asc)
  • Surface (.sur)
  • WITec ASCII export (.dat)
  • WykoVeeco (.opd)

You can see a complete list of image file formats that are supported by clicking Supported file formats and browsers.

Can anybody recommend SW tools to convert a generic stack of 2D images (jpg, bmp, png, etc) or other point cloud or stl-like files into these 3D surface formats that are currently supported by Profilmonline? Thanks!

You can convert a stack of images into a 3D data set using 3D Slicer. Unfortunately, such a data set is not suitable for use with ProfilmOnline because each x-y location has multiple z (height) values. ProfilmOnline is designed for visualizing and analyzing data that can be represented as a function of x and y (single value for each x-y location).

For displaying 3D models, such as would be generated using a stack of 2D image slices, we recommend Sketchfab.